Thursday, August 16, 2012

Hello-Weiners!

I am usually terrible at dress-up parties and planning ahead for them. In high school, I was too self-conscious to go "all-out" for dress-up parties, but then I would get to the event and feel silly for not trying harder and standing out for not dressing up. So whilst this post is not about me doing something silly (for once), it does involve preparation, embracing looking ridiculous (cute in this case) and partaking fully in Halloween - "Hello-weiners!". This year Mila is getting ready early! Just like Hallmark, I am thinking about Halloween months in advance. I picked up three outfits for Miss Mila today and got too excited for her not to try them on and decide what's best. I intend to give the one away as a gift and to return the third one. Yes, I did go a little crazy buying three but I'll only have one in the end! As it turns out, Peguine (the gift receiver), happened to be playing with Mila on this very day, and so got to model her favourite outfits, provided she didn't tell mom and dad what she had been up to. But, I need your help! I have three cute costumes and I'm not sure which to pick. Let me know what you think I should go for, for Mila (and Peguine) for "Hello-weine". 

1. First up is the classic hotdog costume. 
 
I know it's cliched for a hotdog to be a "hotdog" but I feel that Mila needs to sport this look at least once in her life and when better than her first Halloween? Who has not cooed at this picture of the baby Dachshund on an actual bread roll? It's an ode to cuteness.

 
Here is Ms P sporting the costume and trying desperately to wriggle out of it! Oh and by the way those frilly yellow things represent lettuce.. dying lettuce.

2. The honey-bee:
 
My first Halloween in Chicago led me to the children's iconic honey bee after I tried to be a bowling ball from the Big Lebowski. Long story, but if Mila were a honey-bee, I could be one too!

Cute, miserable honey-bee. She tends to go catatonic with "clothes" on. Walking around on Halloween and winter is going to be interesting!

3. And the third and final option is the dragon-dog! Super cute and bright with a big tail and a little hood.


 

So folks, what is it going to be? Your expected but adorable, hotdog hotdog, classic honey-bee or friendly dragon? 

8 comments:

  1. number 1 - u are ridiculous!!
    number 2 - are u kidding me
    number 3 - .... go with the honeybee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my poor doggies!! Can't they just be themselves. I know it's boring but d s dressed in clothes? Ah same!! If u HAVE to then the bee outfit. Forget the hood!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes this Bee outfit seems to be winning. hmmm I was sure that one, would be returned!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I know! It is so hard to choose. The thing is, if I keep them all for "the future", something even cuter will come out and then I'll have millions of options for only one dog! And she would prefer to dress in her birthday suit for Hello-wein. decisions decisions!

      Delete
  4. the above post if from me, by the way

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm going to go against the tide and suggest the classic "hot dog,hot dog" - it might be expected but its so darn cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for going against the grain and standing up for what you believe in, K! I haven't returned any of them yet, even though I was sure I would have by now! Perhaps a morning outfit, and a trickle-treating one! haha!

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails