Thursday, August 23, 2012

Dogs on a bike.

When we first got Mila and moved to New York (kind of all at once), a friend of ours (Thanks Amy!) sent us a link from bicyclehabit about riding a bike with your dog and the appropriate equipment. I have been a little nervous to try and take Mila on the bike without an appropriate doggie backpack but yesterday I decided to try a few things out. I rode with her in a normal backpack and whilst she's a little long for long rides, she coped really well and seemed to have a pretty good time with her head out, ears flapping, sniffing the breeze! 

Option 1:
 Regular backpack, allowing for woeffie scenic viewing 
 Option 2:
I managed to secure my basket properly so that it doesn't rest on the front wheel. I'm a little apprehensive to try cycling with her because I'm worried the bike may be a little front heavy but perhaps once cycling, we will all balance out. Either way she looks pretty cute! 

Another option would be the dog on the back on the bike... nerve-wracking!

Whilst, I am sure Mila would love this ride, it ain't happening!

Would you ever ride a bike with your dog?

2 comments:

  1. When we lived in Perth, we would take Toby riding with us on my bike in a basket on the front. It always felt pretty precarious. I love the backpack idea! Mila is too cute xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. No!!! Think M can stay at home!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails