Wednesday, August 15, 2012

When is enough, enough?

I'm not usually one for being a downer on my blog. I want it to be "happy place" which people find fun and interesting to read. Today, however, I just wonder if it could be a venting platform too. As some of you will know, I have been waiting to work in New York for what seems like forever. In fact, if I am still not working by November, I would have waited a year. A year! I am embarrassed, ashamed and horrified that this can happen and fully understand why people turn to illegalities in times of desperation. Part of my frustrations stem from my impatience and my dislike for "wasting time", as it were, in place of feeling productive. Although I know that after one month at work, I'll probably want a break, I also know that I am at my most content when I do, actually, work/something! Despite all it's negatives, work does provide one with a sense of purpose, place and value, and let's not forget: an income. Oh how I miss thee. I am fortunate (and so grateful) that I have a husband, who can pay for the structure under which we abide, but due to recent abode upgrade, we would be more comfortable if I actually contributed. Then comes feelings of being a burden, a succubus etc... blah blah. My question is, though, at what point does one call it quits and throw in the towel? When does one accept that this path is not meant to be and move on? I find myself wondering if I should pack my bags (and my dog) and move back home. But then what would I do? Start again? Not sure I want to do that either. Having Woolworths chuckles* nearby wouldn't hurt but they wouldn't make the start over process go any faster either. 

When is enough, enough? 


Disclaimer: This whole not working/delay thing is no-one or no particular party's fault specifically, it's just a culmination of a lot of waiting over the past few years largely because we have moved so much and our world is so bureacratic. 

*Whilst googling said "Woolworths chuckles", I found I can order them online here in the States, so they are probably not the best reason for which to quit my life here.

2 comments:

  1. Oh dear!! It's been such a struggle but it's so close now. Can't lose so hang in there. The W is happy and at least u keeping the home fires burning!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ww chuckles will not do u any favours

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails