Friday, August 10, 2012

DIY: Hummus!

I recently took the plunge and got a food processor and a blender! I have been thinking about whether I really need either one of these machines and held out hope that I could find something combined and that didn't cost the earth. My dream blender would be this but until that time I went for this Cusinart combo immersion blender and food processor. It's heavily discounted on Amazon at the moment and so far so good!

 I have made coriander pesto so far and today I made hummus for the first time. 
 
I used the food processor portion to chop up the chickpeas and then the blender to smooth it all out. YUM!

The food processor portion is not very big which for me is a pro as I don't want another huge silver machine cluttering up my kitchen. For some, it may not have the capacity. The great thing about the immersion blender is that you can use it directly in a pot of vegetables to make soup or with fruit in a bowl to make a smoothie. An added bonus is that this machine comes with a whisk attachment so you can whip up egg whites or cream in a jiffy and not do it by hand or use a big electric mixer. Yay! 

More from scratch recipes to come!

1 comment:

  1. Looks wonderful and sounds like you have found the easy way out. Want to 'get me 'one of those 3 in one machines!! Glad the "cooking fairy" has found you in New Y. Thought you had left "her" behind.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails