Tuesday, June 29, 2010

When in London, be a tourist why dont'cha? Version 2.0


London Bridge is falling down

We are living very close to the Thames and we discovered that a quick (and exotic) way to get into central London is to take the Thames clipper. It reminded me of the Staten Island ferry only more with the inside like an aeroplane. The Thames clipper dropped us off here (above) - and of course the bridge looks just like it did years ago..

Tower of London

We also stumbled upon this impressive structure - the tower of London. I wonder if we will ever know the truth about the Little Princes, supposedly locked in the Tower by Richard the III, so that he could take the crown.. 

Borough Market

Perhaps not the typical tourist thing to do in London compared withe popular landmarks, but I  was recommended to go to the Borough market by a local so I thought I would check it out. In addition, Jamie Oliver supposedly shops here so it gives you an idea of the food and wares that the marketers are likely to peddle: exotic and expensive fungi, super smelly cheese and organically ground coffee beans. One day I will shop at Borough market and know what I am doing!

Greenwich Palace (again)

I know I keep putting up pictures of Greenwich palace but well I just can't help it! The evenings have been so beautiful here so I just had to take another picture of this palace in its completeness. Thanks for baring with me!

1 comment:

  1. Lovely pics especially of your friends enjoying the cupcakes. Glad Jenny could enjoy her birthday out in the sun!!!! Didnt know you could wear such 'sunny' outfits in Britland.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails