Monday, June 14, 2010

The Last Few Days in Chicago - The Parallel Seasons!

When I first came to Chicago at the end of last year, this was the view from the apartment:



 










Now, this is what we see when we look out onto Michigan Avenue:

The same with the parks:





and the tennis courts:





and the rest of the city:


Perhaps we have these drastic changes in season for a reason? So that we can start afresh each year? Or perhaps we appreciate the summer days so much more when the rest of the year is so chilly and dark? Either way, I am so glad that summer is here! 

3 comments:

  1. Ah! Such lovely pics and grt to compare!! Too cold for me in winter but summer looks ok!

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks so nice and green but i must admit i do enjoy the snow.. I"M saving to come at the end of the eyar again!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, so I will have to blow up the mattress once more!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails