Friday, June 18, 2010

Greenwich Park for a Picnic

Greenwich palace - birth place of Henry VIII and his daughters, Queen Mary I and Queen Lizzy I (you know the one Cate Blanchett plays..!). See below:



I'm sure they beheaded some people here. It's sad that it's pretty empty now. I feel like I stepped into some history here. It's really quiet and majestic.



Royal gates with loads of crowns and bedazzling. Greenwich Museum and Park is in the background.

Another way to stand on the East/West line. Pretty cooool. 


 The London equivalent of a sunset? We're on the South Bank of the Thames looking north across to Isle of Dogs (where we live) and which was marsh lands until it was rebuilt after the War (it also took a lot of hits as the docklands area).

I just liked this one. I also like the fact that I can see this with the zoom. I love my camera. 

Greenwich park and something that I am probably never likely to do! But I admire their effort! 

Check out the colours of his paws - awesome! He posed pretty nicely for us. 

 
Ryan asked me to take this one - a quintessential London shot, he said. Yes he did.

9 comments:

  1. Hi. You lost me with the quintess? bit. If and when you can/ want a holiday, Italy is wonderful.(cant believe I am saying that) Full of history not that the others arent but not a bad choice. Could skip around and go to other places but it all depends on the bucks and time!!!! Nice wine. Greeks dont really know how to make wine!!! (i dont think)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It means that this is the ultimate London shot - something this is typically London.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok thanks. Will try to remember it. Maybe while playing golf!! Sorry but dont think I will use it much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woooowww Everything is HUGE down there!!!!

    (me again) Anonymous Hélène

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hilly! I know it's you! My one and only anonymous!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. did u get a new camera? or it this from ur phone?or ur old camera?

    ReplyDelete
  7. yes we got a new camera - it is AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails