Thursday, May 13, 2010

Swimming with Sting Rays, Conquering Ocean Fears and New Orleans



Holy Moly I swam with about forty rays today! I didn't know that they were sting rays.. This is probably a good thing as I would never have had the guts to swim with them if I had known that there long spinous tails could actually hurt me. Still it was a good experience.

And for the first time, I actually felt free in the sea. I decided to ditch the snorkel and flippers and just focus on my goggles and not gobbling salt water. This new found freedom actually me to jump in the water when the dolphins approached and enjoy swimming with them. The dolphins chose the shallower, clearer waters and so we could see them so well. It was awesome! Wow! Now that I have done it properly, it's kind of addictive and I just want to swim in the sea a whole lot more. Maybe I won't burn as much. Maybe I can actually enjoy the beach and the cold water and the salt up my nose! Let's see what tomorrow holds!

And.. we finally booked our room for New Orleans!! We leave in two days and for the first time in my life, I am staying in a hostel and sleeping in a dorm for 8 people! wow... big comfort zone out of the boxness for me. Golly. Wish me luck. This is a once in a life time thing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails