Thursday, May 13, 2010

Meet the Girls of Panama City








So I have been stationed in Panama City Beach (I was warned by some notable Texans that it's real name is Panama Shitty Beach..) and I was anxious to check it out and see who I would be living with for the next month. I actually packed a Spanish textbook thinking that I would have time to go over some vocab and that I would be using my limited Spanish at some point. Ah, mais non! Both girls that I am living with are French speaking! And as the manager of the dolphin programme is also French speaking, many of the guests (95%) are native French speakers too. So now I know first hand that the Swiss speak French, as do the Canadian and people from Gaudelope! Go figure! I truly hope by the end of this month 'je pourrai parler du francias mieux que maintenant' (I will be able to speak French better than at the moment) because otherwise the multiple times of feeling very lost and not laughing at jokes will have been a bit of waste.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails