Monday, September 17, 2012

Getting into a new routine

After much angst and complaining, the employment gods have finally smiled down upon me and granted me permission to work. This process has been a long time coming but I'm glad we didn't give up and I can finally start settling down into a more sustainable routine in New York. Whilst hanging out with Mila and "living el sueno" for the past year, give or take, has been swell, it's good to be working again, have a name tag, half a desk etc. I'm working in by far the biggest team, I have ever worked in. The hospital we're affiliated to has 20 000 employees which is pretty mind-blowing. I have been working for almost 2 weeks which is also crazy considering how fast time flies when you're busy. So apologies for the lack of posting. Blogust came at a good time because Blogtember would probably have been a bust.

Besides work, we went to a beautiful wedding in Dallas last weekend:



and we used Mila's first birthday (combined with her friend Fenway's birthday) as an excuse to have some coffee and cake in the park on Saturday morning. Thanks to Maryl for baking such a sweet and delicious cake. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails