Thursday, October 14, 2010

Italia! At last!

Ciao a tutti! Apologies for the delay! I know I have been neglectful and tardy to everyone in blog world. I used to be so on the ball (when I lived in blog world full-time) and now that I live in the 'real world' full-time it has become more difficult to allocate blog attention appropriately. I have been meaning to post about Italy for about a month and part of the reason why I haven't, is because the sheer magnitude of all our pictures, scared me into procrastination. I have now plucked up the courage to tackle a place visited a day or at least in a few parts so that's it's not so daunting.

Our basic itinerary was as follows:
Rome for 2 days
Cinque Terre for 2 days (meaning 5 villages, located on the North-West coast of Italy, traditionally a beachy holiday destination for the Italian and French with the villages remaining largely unchanged for at least a few hundred years) 
Then Lucca in Tuscany for 2 days
Then Florence for 2 days
And last but certainly not least Siena for 1 day and then back to London and onward bound to Chicago. 

Thanks must go to my favourite Ciabatta for her assistance in ideas and tips for this trip and for her reminding me and urging me to document the pics. Basically helping me to stop faffing and get a move-on! 

So here we go with Roma! Italia First Installment! 


Welcome to Roma!! Yum yum! Capuccinos (and tea) on a Roman balcony. 
 Fountain Fury! Piazza Navona 

 Cute little guy - shame he looks so confused! 


 I'm almost as tall as the robot for vespers! 

 Chiesa Di Santa Ignazio

Insane Frescoes that looked to be bursting forth towards us. We saw so much art and amazing architecture.
 Trevi Fountain! 

 About to climb a zillion steps.
 But the view was worth it. 

 Villa Borghese

 You know, just some local architecture from a billion million years ago. 

 The Pantheon under a little construction.

 No description necessary.

 Roman Forum

Where gladiators hung. 





 For mumsy, you'll understand. 

On the way to the Vatican City
 
 Ahahahahaha suckers - book online next time!
St Peter's Basilica and another fountain..


Unauthorised photos of the Sistine Chapel. There are signs everywhere telling everyone to be silent and not take pictures. I guess so that they could sell more post cards..? Because you could take pictures everywhere else in the Vatican Museums.

Honeymoon - for real this time - say cheese!! 


Next installment to follow... soon... soon!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails