Sunday, October 13, 2013

Staten Island Half Marathon 2013


 
Have you ever been to Staten Island? The most I've seen of it is jumping on the (free) ferry to get a "Staten Island Hot Dog" and jumping right back on. Today I took it a little further and ran (read limped) a half marathon around the waterfront. My knee has been bothering me but I thought I could make it through. Uh, no. Half marathon owned me. Anyway despite some anguish, I did run the first 6 miles and walked/ran the rest - and didn't get picked up by the dreaded (too slow to meet the cut-off time) "wagon" so there's that. 





Don't let my experience discourage you though. Here is an excellent reason to go on the Staten Island ferry:


 And open again after the government shut-down ;)

Photo creds to my sweet husband, who didn't say "I told you so" when I limped towards him at the finish line.

1 comment:

  1. dont be fooled - that was the best dam hot dog ever!!! :) well done for the maray!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails