Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Two South Africans and a Miniature Chocolate Dachshund take a nibble out of the Big Apple: A series.

As per usual I have not been as efficient with blogging current events whilst they are, well, current, as I would like, but for this series I needed a moment of inspiration to hit me like a ton of bricks so that I could tackle this task in the most sensible way possible. My inspiration came in the form of A Cup of Jo (as a lot of my NY inspiration comes in) as she has developed mini guides for the aspiring New York City traveller in the categories of eating out, sightseeing, accommodation and the like. Whilst I am by no means comparing my blog with hers (I wish!), I have decided that to best represent the blog series to which the title refers, I too will have categories of places to eat, things to do and places to visit when visiting this ye non-overwhelming, uncomplicated metropolis known as New.York.City.

Fortunately for me I had one fiery red-head:
  
Don't her lips look AMAZING?! We used L'Oreal Paris Colour Riche in British Red which is a slightly orange-toned, ultra creamy, build-able lipstick which completely packs a punch! Love! (I actually think love may come in this colour!)

 
 ..and a super-adventurous sausage dog, as my wing-women.

I would say that Lucia came for a very respectable stay of two weeks. Two weeks! That's a long time in any one place when you are travelling (and have to see the whole world), but I think she would agree with me that in New York, it's just not enough to see everything or even a little bit of everything. We did our best to balance stereotypical touristy with off the beaten track as it was Lucia's first time to the States. At the end of her stay, I asked the Cia when her next scheduled visit was because we have things from this visit that will have to be added to that visit, plus a future to-do list already! So without further ado I am going to get cracking on my first post: where to eat. I should probably call it, "where we ate" rather as this is by no means a comprehensive list, but I will say that these establishments have our stamp of approval and we would not hesitate to go to any of them again. In addition, as a disclaimer, if any of you come and stay with me or ask for recommendations for New York, this list will inevitably come up. You have been warned. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails