Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Creating some new traditions - bring on the Gingerbread House!

I'm not sure if South Africans traditionally make gingerbread houses? Do they? I don't think I've ever made one. Anyway a few weeks back, Caitlin and I spotted this DIY gingerbread kit actually from Deutschland and well we had to have it. Having everything pre-cut and presented in neat little packages definitely makes the process a lot easier. However, I think to get the full experience, perhaps next year I'll make my own gingerbread. I'm also hoping the homemade version won't make me think I am breaking a tooth or a hand every time I take a bite or try and break a bit off. Seriously, if my NY apartment walls need repair, I'm going to construct them out of gingerbread! Our "creation" follows below, plus a video if you would like to see more detail.




 
Ta Da!


Excuse the croaky voice.

Update: we made the house about a week ago and started/attempted to eat it after Christmas. We still have all our teeth but barely, and the house is still going strong. Built of steel I tell you! German engineering :)

1 comment:

  1. well done!! Pity the gran mama ( A R )wasnt around - she would have really been proud of the Deutschland bit. Except.....why didnt you make it from scratch???? (as in make your own dough) Maybe as you say...next time!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails