Monday, August 5, 2013

Fall in love with.. the dress.

As sad as this may sound, whenever I buy new clothes, I always try to think if they would be work appropriate. Because let's be honest, I spend most of my week at work and when I'm home I like to be comfy in pajamas or shorts so I feel that I will get the most wear out of my clothes if I can somehow wear them to work. We have a fairly strict dress code (no jeans, no capri pants, no skirts or dresses without stockings! I know.. what era are we in?, no sleeveless shirts etc) but we don't have a uniform which means coming up with an outfit every day can get old, quickly. For the past year since starting my job I have basically worn the same black pants from Gap (I have two of the exact same pair of pants) with varied tops that I re-wear from week to week and occasionally I'll wear a pair of looser fittings harem style pants when the weather is unbearably humid. Wow - the variety - I can barely contain myself. But for some reason (think other people at work wearing skirts and dresses without stockings - gasp! and the intense heat), I decided to be a little bolder and wear a dress. The problem was I didn't really have a work appropriate dress to wear. I don't have too many to begin with but the ones I did have were either too casual or too high over the knee or just not right. The gateway was really wearing a skirt one Friday and realising how much more comfortable I was in the humidity. It was all downhill from there and last weekend I decided on a sneaky Sunday night trip downtown to see what H&M could offer me. The shop was open until 9pm which was perfect - it wasn't so crowded, it was a little cooler, and I felt kind of bad-ass for shopping later on a Sunday night (I know, I'm a grandma!). 

I instagrammed this picture from my trip, but now I want to show you my bounty - and to reiterate that I have once again fallen in love with the idea of wearing a dress. If you're allergic to dresses, you may want to click away ;)




A tiger, a leopard, a panther, a cheetah? Who knows?









So yes, it's official, I'm obsessed with the dress and bar the blue one, I wore each of these dresses to work this week with a cropped cardi and some pretty pumps from Tieks to up the professionalism.  Hope that wasn't too much dress overload or schmodelling (that was not the intention) but I did warn you to look away if it's not your thang!

Hope everyone is having a wonderful day, summer or winter ;) Goodbye from Mila and I!



1 comment:

  1. cute dresses! i love the change for you... very fresh and young! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails