Saturday, November 12, 2011

The Newest Member of Our Family

So it has been so long since I last posted. In fact, I think the format in Blogger has changed since I last logged in - that's how long. Sorry sorry!! I quit my job, packed up my apartment, moved to New York and now just got a puppy. When I say just got a puppy, I mean literally 6 days ago. I also haven't blogged for a while because there wasn't a whole bunch inspiring me to do so. Now that I am in arguably one of the most "inspiring" cities in the world, I think I have run out of excuses not to regularly attend to my blog. Most notably the biggest news is that of our 9 week old Miniature Dachshund puppy, Mila. Moving to New York, well that was a long time coming, but a puppy? My, I can hardly believe it. Whilst I have always wanted a dog since leaving home and thus leaving my home dogs, we have always put it off for one reason or another. Ryan had always promised that we would get a dog when we moved to New York but I kind of loosely interpreted that statement as I didn't want to get my hopes up. Little did I know that I would officially move to New York on a Saturday night and then we would be driving to New Jersey on Sunday morning to pick up Mila. It blows my mind.

A few weeks back, perhaps two, I was googling "Dachshund puppies New York" and came across a few websites. Whilst weeding out potential 'puppy mills', I came across a smaller breeder about an hour from us. I called her and asked about her puppies and mentioned that whilst I didn't really mind what the colouring of the dog was, I wanted a mini and a female, chocolate would be nice. Perhaps it was my enthusiastic tone, or the slight language barrier between myself and the Russian breeder, but I unexpectedly found myself reserving the one and only Chocolate Miniature Female Puppy. What?! Oh and she'll be ready to leave her mom a week from today.. Um.. OK. We can pick her up the weekend after that when I am in New York. OK, great, see you then. Holy moly. Fur parents. That's us. Us + fur baby = 


Welcome Mila. Remember this post? Scroll down to the last photo. Sometimes you just have to believe and things do come true.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails