Wednesday, May 4, 2011

A Trip to the Slopes!



Finally, I learned how to ski. When I told my patients that I had to take a day off of work to go and ski for the first time, they were all so surprised that I had never skied before. Uh.. [loosely] there is no snow in Africa people! And ironically with all the snow in Chicago, there are no mountains and not really enough or the right kind of snow nearby so you have to go a little further to find it. Back to California further in fact.. I feel insanely spoiled that I have been to California twice in the past month.. The vast state that it is, I have discovered that you can shop until you drop, drink fine wines, sun tan and ski all within a few hours of each other. We were lucky enough to stay in the small town of Truckee (15 000 people) just outside of Lake Tahoe. We were only there for 3 nights but it was enough to make me move to California (in a few years time) so that I can enjoy the sun and ski 6 months of the year. Reader beware: the videos are on the bunny slopes so by definition we're going very slowly. We did graduate to the Blue hills (bunny, green, blue, black and double black) but for footage of that, you'll have to wait. For the mean time the videos are proof that we skied and stayed upright whilst doing it :) 
 
 Good morning! This is what was waiting for us outside our bedroom window. 


 Lake Tahoe. The deepest and coldest lake in the US.




Woohoo - what a great weekend!

 At the Reno/Tahoe airport - note how the SA flag is right behind the US... for our benefit? Perhaps. Farewell Tahoe - we'll be back!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails